Monday, March 7, 2016

Visiting!

Just got word I get to go visit today! I'll post a pic later (can't post face pics.. but I'm sure I can share a sweet feet shot :)


Talked to the social worker at the hospital. Identified Kin has been visiting (which is good) but was UNAWARE OF THE PLACEMENT IN FOSTER CARE. Awesome. So he's been buying stuff apparently. Which makes me happy for him and sad for him at the same time. I don't think he knows the reality of the situation. Mom saying "you can have him" on a whim is NOT a legally binding contract for parenthood.

My heart honestly goes out to the guy. I sure hope he can take the placement with humility and patience. It is in the best interest of baby to have the background checks and home studies completed. I hope he can see that. I don't know if I run into him.. but I sure hope if I do he gets that I'm FOR him.. if he is FOR Lil Guy. My understanding was that the process could take weeks. Not days. So who knows.


3 comments:

  1. It took 3 full months for local family to get through all the process to receive placement of of the kids we had. One was an aunt who had been raising the boys already and had no complaints against her, but they had orders to take the kids from the parents, so that meant taking them from the aunt. Luckily the aunt did get them back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow yeah! I'm hoping the communication with this guy starts flowing. He seems to be trying pretty hard. I'd hate for him to get blindsided and do something silly that kills his chances.

      Delete
    2. Wow yeah! I'm hoping the communication with this guy starts flowing. He seems to be trying pretty hard. I'd hate for him to get blindsided and do something silly that kills his chances.

      Delete