Thursday, January 5, 2017

What a difference two months makes!!

Since my last post some amazing updates have happened.

1) Lil Guy is crawling and pulling up, babbling and doing great. ECI is ready to discharge him but has offered to keep services going for a bit longer.

2) Baby Abe was born at home November 14. He is about 7 weeks old and doing a great. It is weird to switch back to breastfeeding again after bottlefeeding Lil Guy for 10 months now. I missed the instant bonding and connection... the sleep :) Abe is a great sleeper. Even since I've been down with a cough and fever he's doing well. He just wakes a bit sweatier than normal since I tend to break fevers at night.

3)We had an awesome trip in Grand Junction at our annual regional church conference called faithwalkers. It was amazing to connect and reconnect with so many brothers and sisters we haven't seen in a while. It was also a huge answer to prayer that even though we brought all four boys (Otto 4, Micaiah 2, Lil Guy 10 mos, and Abe 6 weeks) I was able to sit through nearly all of the sessions and 2 seminars (magic shows for the kids.. I'll listen to the rest online when they are posted. It was with lots of community parenting that we managed. Not to mention an awesome stroller(Joovy X2.. side by side double.. fits any ADA standard door, separate lay flat reclining seats. Huge storage. Highly recommended) , and an awesome husband. God was so kind in setting us in an awesome church who loves ALL my kiddos like they were their own. I passed off sleeping babies and cranky babies multiple times with no guilt. Knowing the kids would be blessed and their hearts were willing to serve. What a huge blessing.

4) We have a termination hearing date on January 27. On that day it is planned to terminate mom and unknown father's parental rights. It is bittersweet. We received a very gracious and kind letter from Lil Guy's mom (as did Lil Guy and Caseworker). She is currently in prison across the state. She was so sweet in giving us some back ground, thanking us for our care of Lil Guy and just an overall open door to write letters and send photos. They are letters I will feel comfortable giving to Lil Guy some day... especially because...

5) 90 days after the termination hearing we will get to adopt him! The best part is we do not foresee any hiccups, or accepted appeals, extensions etc that might delay this. The Caseworkers have been clear that no one else has come forward, and all "possible fathers" were not found or did not respond. (The only two mentioned were a "John" from the military and another named Malik something who was very VERY african and did not seem visibly related.. now that doesn't mean its not possible.. but he also never responded to contact)  So that's a HUGE announcement and a huge blessing!

We are sad for Lil  Guy that no blood relation was willing to take him, but we are also super grateful and super peaceful about adopting him. He has has become an integral piece of our world,. and I can't imagine our home without his drama, and his sweet smiles.. and his temper :)

Here's the hard part. How... do I move forward with wisdom and grace into relationship with Biomom. I've been praying about this a lot. Logistically I'm working out some ideas.. like a Lil Guy email address that we will essentially keep forever and use to email pictures and notes. a PO Box.. but how would that work when we move so frequently?

And emotionally.... The door is open for us to love and encourage her the best we can and be the image of Christ in her life. To let her know we are praying for her. To share the gospel. To invite her to be involved in Lil Guys' life and ours to the extent we find it safe. My fear is moving too fast.. or too slow. What if this is the only chance I get to reach her whileI have her address in jail? What if I push her too hard and she doesn't continue relationship. What if my boldness causes her to spurn Christ, what if my reluctance causes me to lose the chance. It is a ll a conundrum only God can solve. Please be praying for us in this. I feel so burdened for her. I feel burdened for the sake of Lil Guy. I want to know I've done all I can to share the good news of Christ.. I want to see her saved. I want her to meet her son in heaven some day if we don't get to meet her on earth... clean, forgiven, free from addiction, free from guilt. Oh what a day that will be.

What an update!!

Prayer requests:
-healing.. I am sick as a dog and caring for 4 littles while sick makes it hard to recover.
-wisdom for the letter for Lil Guy's momma.
-wisdom for Justin as we contemplate our leftover time in the army. this past 6 months has been kind of a wild adventure in humility and we are about to make some crazy potential changes. Or not :)




No comments:

Post a Comment